Controlling annual ryegrass in the spring with glyphosate or other herbicides depends on: (click here for the larger, more detailed version)
- Using full herbicide rates
- Spraying during favorable weather conditions
- Using good spraying practices.
Controlling annual ryegrass in the spring is best done:
- In warm weather
- When the ryegrass is actively growing.
Annual ryegrass can be a challenge to control if the herbicide is applied when:
- There is cool, cloudy and wet weather, or
- When the ryegrass has reached the joint growth stage (stem elongation).
The next post will have more specific guidelines. In the meantime, check out the Annual Ryegrass website for more detailed infomation.