Click here to review an updated flier about where to buy annual ryegrass seed.
Why buy from the grower? Two main reasons:
1. Buying from the grower means you have direct access to the ones most knowledgeable about the variety you buy. That’s important because each variety has growing characteristics that can enhance its productivity.
- You want it to germinate quickly and to establish before winter
- You want it to winter over and be resistant to cold temperature.
2. Most of the Oregon growers have decades of experience in how their seed performs in the Midwest. Most have spent many years working with Midwest farmers in testing their products against other varieties.
- In most cases, you can get a tremendous amount of information about growing annual ryegrass as a cover crop or forage crop from these companies.